The 7th All-Russian scientific and practical conference “Library collections in the digital era: traditional and electronic resources, acquisition and use”.
(March 27 – April 1, 2017, St. Petersburg)
General conference sponsor: Elsevier B.V.
Title sponsor: 100K20 – official representative Springer Nature in Russia
Conference sponsor: Emerald Publishing Limited
The conference is sponsored by KONEK Ltd.
Media sponsorship: "University Book" information and analytical journal.
We would like to invite you to participate in the 7th All-Russian scientific and practical conference titled "Library collections in the digital era: traditional and electronic resources, acquisition, and use," which will be held on March 27 - April 1, 2017, at the National Library of Russia, St. Petersburg.
Library collection acquisition professionals, bibliographers, knowledge workers, other library specialists, publishers, aggregators of electronic resources and company representatives are invited to participate.
Russian Library Association, Library Collection Development Division; National Library of Russia (Information and Bibliographic Department, Acquisitions Department, Library Collections Division of the Research Methodology Department of Library Science); Elsevier B.V.
The conference program includes
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF CHANGES OF THE BASIC LEGISLATION ON LEGAL DEPOSIT AND LIBRARY SCIENCE
- Reforming the legislative system on legal deposit of electronic documents (procedure of work with the legal deposit of printed publication in electronic form; trends related to the change of document flow and the necessity for the system renewal of the Federal Law on legal deposit);
- Formation of the Federal State Information System “National Electronic Library” (NEL). Possibilities of using the NEL resources by regional and municipal libraries.
- What is “United electronic knowledge area of Russia” (EREPZ): Prospects for Russia or ....?
TRAINING FOR PUBLISHERS, LIBRARIES AND WHO ARE CONCERNED
Order of delivery of legal deposit (of printed edition) in electronic form to the Russian Central Institute of Bibliography (RCP) (ITAR-TASS News agency) and the Russian State Library (RSL). Related services for libraries and publishers.
Panel discussions and roundtables
- Book publishing in Russiain 2016-2017: assessments, trends, analyses, forecasts.
- Russian and International electronic resources market development outlook (e-books, digital libraries, subscription-based electronic resources, electronic services, cloud technologies, etc.).
- Expert meeting of the Association of producers and users of educational electronic resources (APPOER);
- Promotion of electronic and traditional resources. Business models of publisher and aggregator interaction with libraries.
- Decade of KORUNB (Corporate Virtual Reference Service of Universal Scientific Libraries) activity: results and prospects.
ACQUISITION OF LIBRARY COLLECTIONS IN THE DIGITAL ENVIRONMENT: MODERN MODELS, ELECTRONIC COLLECTIONS, REMOTE RESOURCES, INTERNALLY GENERATED RESOURCES
- Subscription-based and open access electronic resources: search, selection, testing, maintenance
- Libraries’ experience in the acquisition and use of electronic resources. Corporate use of subscription-based electronic resources
- Electronic and traditional library collections: interaction and interdependence.
- Peculiarities related to acquisition of small-circulation scientific literature
- Organizational and methodological aspects related to the provision of access to electronic resources
- Information support in the acquisition of library collections
LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO LIBRARY COLLECTIONS DEVELOPMENT
- Difficult issues related to stocktaking of traditional and electronic library collections under current conditions: collection registration, accounting and statistical record keeping
- Peculiarities of statistical record keeping (6 NK form approved by Order No.671 of the Federal State Statistics Service dated 30 December 2015)
- Relevant issues related to library acquisitions practices under Federal Law №44-FZ “On the contract system in the state and municipal procurement of goods, works and services”
- National standards of Russian Federation titled “Library collections. Technologies related to the development of library collections”, “Acquisition of documents collections. Terms and definitions”, “Electronic documents. Basic types. Imprint. Technological characteristics”, “Digital libraries. Basic types. Structure. Technologies related to the development of digital libraries”.
TRAININGS AND PRESENTATIONS OF FOREIGN AND NATIONAL ELECTRONIC RESOURCES (INCLUDING AWARD OF CERTIFICATES)
An exhibition of publishing products, information products and library equipment will be held as part of the conference.
In order to participate in the conference please fill out the registration form. The conference program will be available on the NLR website.
No participation fee is charged to libraries and public institutions representatives.
Participation fee for publishers, aggregators, and company representatives is 1,000 rubles (including VAT of 18%) for each participant from the company.
Application forms for participation in the exhibition are accepted until March 10, 2017.
Registration is open until March 14, 2017
Please send by email () a title of your report or presentation, as well as a brief summary, for inclusion into the program by March 1, 2017 (in .doc file format). Late submissions will not be accepted.
Conference materials will be published on the NLR website. We kindly ask that you save copies of illustrations (used in your presentations) in .jpg format with a resolution of 300 dpi.
To publish your reports in the collection of materials of the conference, please send their copies and an accompanying letter with the information for publication (abstract, keywords, etc.) until April 1, 2017 in .doc format at: .
Publication requirements are set out in Annex No. 1. A license agreement for placing publications in the NLR Digital Library and in the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) database will be sent to authors who have provided the copies.
The conference will be webcasted and audio/video recorded for the possibility of further publication. This information letter does not constitute a public offer.
The conference organizing committee reserves the right to select reports and presentations for inclusion into the conference program.
March 27, 2017 – Arrival. Check-in at hotels.
March 28 - March 31, 2017 – Conference.
April 01, 2017 – Check-out. Departure.
For questions regarding the conference program please contact:
191069, St. Petersburg, Sadovaya Str., 18.
Library Collection Division of the Scientific and Methodological Department of Library Science, the National Library of Russia
Irina Vsevolodovna Eidemiller
Tel.: (812) 718-86-13
Acquisitions Department of the National Library of Russia
Tatiana Viktorovna Petrusenko
Tel.: (812) 310-81-73, (812) 718-86-54
Information and Bibliographic Department of the National Library of Russia
Elena Valeryevna Braunova
Tel.: (812) 310-24-03
Nina Vasilevna Abaksheva
Tel.: (812) 718-85-73
For questions regarding participation of publishers and companies in the conference and the exhibition:
Irina Vsevolodovna Eidemiller
Tel.: (812) 718-86-13
For questions regarding hotel accommodations and the cultural program:
Zlata Nikolaevna Gravshina.